Waterford - SFO - Bannow, Ballykilcavan, Ratheadon, Ballymorgan, Sheestown 1.1 & Pilgrimage
Lot Id: 161963
Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in
Please note: If bid is placed on this item within the last 15 minutes of the auction, the timer will be extended by 15 minutes.
This lot includes 6 x 70cl bottlings:
- Sheestown 1.1 – grown just outside the historic town of Kilkenny on an undulating, well-drained, lowland terroir predominantly derived from limestone, by Phil O’Brien, father of one of the distillery workers.
- Ratheadon 1.1: Distilled in 2016 and is produced from Irina barley grown in Co. Carlow on a rich, loamy soil. Bottled at 50% ABV with no chill-filtration or additional colouring.
- Ballykilvan 1.1 is one of the first releases from the Waterford Distillery's Single Farm Origin series. Made exclusively using Taberna barley grown by David Walsh-Kemmis on his Ballykilcavan farm in Co. Laois. After distillation, the whiskey is matured in a combination of French and American oak, and then bottled at 50% ABV
- Bannow Island 1.1 is also one of the first releases from the Waterford Distillery's Single Farm Origin series. This single malt Irish whisky was distilled using a single vintage of Overture barley grown on the south coast of Co. Wexford by Ed Harpur on his Bannow Island farm. Matured in French and American oak casks, and bottled at 50% ABV with no chill-filtration or additional colouring.
- Ballymorgan 1.1 – grown by Robert Milne on one of Ireland’s premier malting barley terroirs – the famous Clonroche Series in Co. Wexford, with its loamy, clay soils derived from slate and granite
- Pilgrimage: This is the first release for the Irish distillery located on the site of the former Guinness Brewery in Waterford. Head distiller Ned Gahan incorporated single distillates made from each of the 36 farms that Waterford distilled in their first year. This single malt release is limited to just 1500 bottles.
- Bottler: Distillery
- Country: Ireland
- Region: Ireland
- Size: 6 x 70cl
- Type: Irish Whisky
- Strength (%): 50%
- Distillery Status: Operational
- Fill Level: Into Neck
- Lot Type: Full Size
- Shipping Weight: 10.00 KG
Prior to any bid being placed on a lot, close up visual inspection is to be carried out. If you are unsure in any way about the condition of the said lot, click “ask a question” above. More in-depth descriptions and additional photos can be taken upon request. Otherwise, lots are sold as seen and described. The bidder understands that once you have bid, you are stating you understand this and that the checks stated above have been carried out and you are happy with the lot's condition.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit. Loss and breakage cover is available at 3% of the hammer price as standard. If the lot is not insured, no claim can be lodged against the courier or The Grand Whisky Auction for breakage or loss in transit.
Other Bottles In Our Live Auction
Price: [% bid_descriptor_text %]: [%% buy_it_now_price|multi_currency %%] [%% bid_value|multi_currency %%] [%% 0|multi_currency %%]
Time[%% time_left_formatted %%]Bidding Not Started Yet
Item added to watchlist[%% 0|multi_currency_symbol %%] Change currency USD ($)[%% '<span>Sold on</span> :date'.replace(':date', endsAt.substring(8, 10) + '/' + endsAt.substring(5, 7) + '/' + endsAt.substring(0, 4)) %%][%% '<span>Reserve not met</span> :date'.replace(':date', endsAt.substring(8, 10) + '/' + endsAt.substring(5, 7) + '/' + endsAt.substring(0, 4)) %%]