Bruichladdich - 11 Year Old 2009 Fresh Fill Bourbon #144
Lot Id: 111051
Bidding is available to signed in members only!Log in
Please note: If bid is placed on this item within the last 15 minutes of the auction, the timer will be extended by 15 minutes.
A superb chance to be the new owner of an 11 Year Old Bruichladdich Single Malt Cask, held in bond at Bruichladdich.
Filled on the 11th February 2009, cask #144 has been maturing very nicely in a. Fresh Bourbon Barrel and was re-gauged in February of this year, 2020.
There a few key facts and figures that have been listed below for your attention -
- New Bulk Litres - 177L | Strength 63.9% ABV | 114.2L of Alcohol.
- Original Bulk Litres - 214L | Original Strength 68.9% | 147.4L of Alcohol.
If bottled at cask strength and at 70cl, this cask would approximately yield 250 bottles of 11 year old Fresh Bourbon Bruichladdich.
Unofficial Tasting Notes @ Cask Strength
Colour: Pale straw
Nose: Delicate tropical fruits- banana and papaya, fresh oak and a gentle whisper of peat smoke, with a thread of malty-ness throughout
Palate: A burst of tropical fruits, again fresh papaya, sweet pineapple and gentle candied ginger, delicate peat smoke in the background just balancing the flavours.
Finish: Malty, sweet and lingering.
- Transfer of the cask to the new buyer is subject to an admin fee, payable to Bruichladdich.
- All cask storage fees have been settled prior to this sale. For moving forward please ensure you are aware of the associated weekly storage fees.
- All costs relating to removing the cask from bond, bottling, storage, re-gauging and moving in the future are the sole responsibility of the buyer. This includes VAT and any UK excise duty.
- Upon payment being transferred to The grand Whisky Auction ltd, then and only then will legal ownership of the cask be transferred to the new buyer.
- All funds are held by the company until the buyer is in receipt of the cask.
- Should the new owner be a UK revenue trader (business), registration with HMRC is required and they must hold a WOWGR certificate.
- A revenue trader outside the UK, will need a Duty Representative in the UK (Note: Annual charge will most likely apply)
- Bottler: Distillery
- Country: Scotland
- Region: Islay
- Size: 177 Bulk Litres
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Age: 11 Years Old
- Strength (%): 63.9%
- Cask No: 144
- Cask Type: Fresh Bourbon
- Distillery Status: Operational
- Lot Type: Cask
Prior to any bid being placed on a lot, close up visual inspection is to be carried out. If you are unsure in any way about the condition of the said lot, click “ask a question” above. More in-depth descriptions and additional photos can be taken upon request. Otherwise, lots are sold as seen and described. The bidder understands that once you have bid, you are stating you understand this and that the checks stated above have been carried out and you are happy with the lot's condition.
Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit. Loss and breakage cover is available at 3% of the hammer price as standard. If the lot is not insured, no claim can be lodged against the courier or The Grand Whisky Auction for breakage or loss in transit.
Other Bottles In Our Live Auction
Price: [% bid_descriptor_text %]: [%% buy_it_now_price|multi_currency %%] [%% bid_value|multi_currency %%] [%% 0|multi_currency %%]([%% bidValueExVat|multi_currency %%] ex. VAT)
Time[%% time_left_formatted %%]Bidding Not Started Yet
Item added to watchlist
OutbidPrice: [% bid_descriptor_text %]: [%% buy_it_now_price|multi_currency %%] [%% bid_value|multi_currency %%] [%% 0|multi_currency %%]([%% bidValueExVat|multi_currency %%] ex. VAT)[%% time_left_formatted %%]Bidding Not Started Yet
Item added to watchlist[%% 0|multi_currency_symbol %%] Change currency USD ($)[%% '<span>Sold on</span> :date'.replace(':date', endsAt.substring(8, 10) + '/' + endsAt.substring(5, 7) + '/' + endsAt.substring(0, 4)) %%][%% '<span>Reserve not met</span> :date'.replace(':date', endsAt.substring(8, 10) + '/' + endsAt.substring(5, 7) + '/' + endsAt.substring(0, 4)) %%]